Saturday, July 17, 2010

Week 8 - Adjusting Light and Color in Photoshop

This week our subject matter is photoshop color and light adjustments and Introduction to photomosaics. You will be fixing two photos this week and posting them to your blog. Let us know how you did this.

I went to an anime convention last weekend. The vast majority of people tend to go to these conventions in costume (cosplay) as a particular character they like from a book/movie/comic/anime/video game. It is customary for anyone who attends the conventions to bring along a camera and take photos of the good cosplays or the characters they have a particular affinity from. I edited two shots to basically remove all the NOISE from the background, strengthen the colors slightly, cropped and darkened what I wanted out of focus, and tweaked some colors to make things stand out more or less.

First picture (original):

Edit:

Second picture (original):Edit:

4 comments:

  1. These are great samples I especially like the second one with the red and black dress is like she's in a spotlight, its excellent. The first one is really nice because you crop it so that the subjects are now on the rule of thirds. It looks like you did a lot of work to darken the background on that one. If you go here -- http://pawblo.com/samples/samples.html I have posted a sample of what you can do with blur.

    great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like the second pic better, not to say that they arent all great. The alterations in the first pic really do bring out the main subject more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kevin - I did actually use a blur filter for the background of that first image. It wasn't gaussian and I can't remember which one I chose, but I used it sparingly, wanting to focus more on the color and value to eliminate all the background noise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara,

    You have the most interesting subject models.

    I love the intense dress and make-up. The

    composition of both pic's are great. The color

    is very vivid. You realize my camara is not

    very intricate. Someday I will be able to do

    the great improvements I know I can do to my

    photographs.

    ReplyDelete