Also this week you are to take the photograph of something in three different lighting situations. I do not expect you to get this assignment done quickly. You may choose an outdoor or indoor shot and the light involved. Stretch yourself. How about the same tree in early morning, mid day and sunset? How about thinking about the way the following affects a picture: sun, the camera's flash, ceiling lights, spot lights, a tv, a lamp, windows, etc. By next Monday I want you to post the three shots and tell us about your process taking them. What worked and what didn't.
This week I chose to do two photos of both an analogous and a monochromatic color scheme.
Monochrome:
The first picture above is of a cosplay wig I received on a set of red bedsheets. The colors are basically a tint of one another and thus monochromatic. The second is of my old broken moped and the tarp that was thrown on our porch. Green and blue are next to one another on the color wheel but not touching, hence why they are analogous.
-------------------
For the second portion of the week, I worked on taking some pictures of a wooden sculpture I've had since I was a child. I took photos at night, in the early morning, and midday inside.
This is the one taken during the day:
I actually like the last pic of the statue the best. I like how the face is lit up. It gives the statue's face detail and emphasis.
ReplyDeleteJackie
I like how you played with the light and different angles with the statue. I also like the picture of the hair in red.
ReplyDeleteAHHHH! I love these pics of the statue! I wanted to try this same affect with something, but found it a bit hard without any spare lamps and extra mirrors! Great job this week, I enjoyed these!
ReplyDeleteFunny how a lack of good light sometimes makes for the best pictures, huh? I agree with others- the last one is awesome, its dark but its like her face is illuminated!
ReplyDeleteI think that the bottom one is the strongest because of the balance between light and dark's in the piece. The lighting that you chose really emphasizes the carving and other detail on the sculpture.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteSara,
ReplyDeleteWood seems to have an inner quality of life that has not ended. The different lighting
captures the life that still emanates within.
This wooden sculptor is the classic pose
of the eternal life giver.I too,choose the last
photo. The light beneath the sculpt exposes a sense a grandeaur to the piece.
Angela