Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Week 5 Pt. 1 - Composition: Al

Assignment #1 this week is to do some quick research of your own about composition and aesthetics after seeing what follows and make your next blog post about that. The requirement is to post one thing. See if you can find any other composition techniques to share with us. Maybe an interview with from a photographer about composing photos will yield a technique. Or maybe you want to look into what "aesthetics" means. What the heck is that and why does it matter? Or maybe you can find a quote about aesthetics to post.

I chose a photographer who recently did a shoot with a friend of mine to link to his website. He is a budding photographer like my classmates and I, but it putting out really professional level work because he is working very hard at it. He posts a lot of pictures from his shoots with the technical difficulties that were encountered while shooting and has a lot of commentary on his compositional takes and what was necessary to make the shoot truly beautiful. He also posts links to sites that he has found via research and tutorials that he is attempting to use in his own photography. I am definitely going to use some of his points and links in my own work.

Make sure to read back a page or two on his blog to get to the more compositional-related posts:

http://silenceral.com/photoblog/

1 comment:

  1. Sara,

    I find the photo you posted of the girl

    walking down the stairs very appealing.

    The ratio three ( Golden Rule ) is replicated

    so well in this photo. This photo has movement,

    harmonious color scheme,and emphasis on the

    model's dress. Thank you for sharing the link

    and I enjoyed viewing his photo's.

    Angela

    ReplyDelete